Volunteering at Otakon Vegas
Interested in Volunteering for Otakon Vegas? Otakon Vegas is run entirely by volunteers, so we really can't put on the show without you! Most of our volunteers are "staff" who have been with us on the east coast, but we also have room for a limited number of volunteers who are not full staff.
Volunteers assist staff in all sorts of ways, but we don't require the same level of commitment. They also aren't assigned to a single department (unless requested), so usually get an opportunity to see how many different parts of the convention run. Most all of our staff started out as volunteers!
What Do Volunteers Do?
A few things you WILL NOT be doing as a Volunteer:
- Help out at Registration.
- Assist with the Otakon Vegas sales table.
- Help with the running of our Video tracks.
- Help staff check badges in busy areas.
- Help out with line control.
- Assist staff with other tasks as needed
What is required to become a Volunteer?
- Handle money.
- Act as Security.
- Interact with Otakon VIPs, Guests or Planet Hollywood security.
What will you need to bring with you?
- You must be at least 16 years of age by the time of this year's con.
- You must purchase a ticket for Otakon Vegas.
- You must attend Volunteer Orientation. This is mandatory!
- Have a minimum of 6 hours of time (over the con) to dedicate to volunteering.
- Print out of your pre-registration email confirmation.
- Photo ID
Please see our Volunteer FAQ for more information.
In order to sign up to volunteer with us, you must first be pre-registered to attend Otakon Vegas. If you're interested in joining us, please continue to the Volunteer Registration Portal linked below.
Volunteer Registration Portal